Python Object Wrapper for FileMaker Server XML Interface
#PyFileMaker - Integrating FileMaker and Python
- (c) 2016-2018 Jeremie Borel
- (c) 2014-2016 Marcin Kawa, email@example.com
- (c) 2006-2008 Klokan Petr Pridal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (c) 2002-2006 Pieter Claerhout, email@example.com
Old project urls:
###TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is pyfilemaker2 ?
- How to install PyFileMaker
- How to set up your database
- Where can I find more info
###1. WHAT IS pyfilemaker2?
pyfilemaker2 is based, but largely rewritten, from PyFileMaker (https://github.com/aeguana/PyFileMaker) whose description is still valid:
PyFileMaker is a set of Python modules that makes it easy to access and modify data stored in a FileMaker Pro/Server database. You can use it to query a FileMaker database, but you can also use it to add data to a FileMaker database, you can even use it to delete records and execute FileMaker scripts.
pyfilemaker2 implements the following additional features:
- FM server responses can be streamed and parsed 'on the fly' during the streaming.
- FM server responses can be automatically paginated as large dataset (>20k records) tend to trigger FMS and/or network timeouts.
- meant to be thread safe, though I can't claim to be an expert on the subject...
- More consistent and finer control on the way data types are cast when reading or writting FM records (in particular dates, datetimes and float objects)
- python 2.7 and python 3.6 compatible (most probably other 3.x versions too but not tested)
- improved test battery
At the time of the development (2018), the pyfilemaker2 is using:
requests==2.19.1 lxml==4.2.5 future==0.16.0
The code has been developped on Max OSX 10.13 and is used in production on debian jessie. Other plateforms have not been tested.
You will also need a FileMaker server with the XML enabled of course.
###3. HOW TO INSTALL PYFILEMAKER2
You can install from pypi using pip
$ pip install pyfilemaker2
You also can install the development version directly from github
pip install -e git+https://github.com/aeguana/PyFileMaker.git#egg=PyFileMaker
- First release of the code
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pyfilemaker2-0.1.6-py2-none-any.whl (28.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2||Sep 13, 2018|
|pyfilemaker2-0.1.6.tar.gz (22.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 13, 2018|