Python Object Wrapper for FileMaker Server XML Interface
PyFileMaker - Integrating FileMaker and Python
- (c) 2016-2021 Jeremie Borel
- (c) 2014-2016 Marcin Kawa, email@example.com
- (c) 2006-2008 Klokan Petr Pridal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (c) 2002-2006 Pieter Claerhout, email@example.com
Old project urls:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is pyfilemaker2 ?
- How to install pyfilemaker2
1. WHAT IS pyfilemaker2?
pyfilemaker2 is based, but largely rewritten, from PyFileMaker (https://github.com/aeguana/PyFileMaker) whose description is still valid:
PyFileMaker is a set of Python modules that makes it easy to access and modify data stored in a FileMaker Pro/Server database. You can use it to query a FileMaker database, but you can also use it to add data to a FileMaker database, you can even use it to delete records and execute FileMaker scripts.
pyfilemaker2 implements the following additional features:
- FM server responses can be streamed and parsed 'on the fly' during the streaming.
- FM server responses can be automatically paginated as large dataset (>20k records) tend to trigger FMS and/or network timeouts.
- meant to be thread safe, though I can't claim to be an expert on the subject...
- More consistent and finer control on the way data types are cast when reading or writting FM records (in particular dates, datetimes and float objects)
- python 3 compatible
- improved test battery
At the time of the development (2021), pyfilemaker2 is using:
The test suite also requires
The code has been developped on Max OSX 10.15 and is used in production on debian jessie. Other plateforms have not been tested.
You will also need a FileMaker server with the XML enabled of course.
3. HOW TO INSTALL PYFILEMAKER2
You can install from pypi using pip
$ pip install pyfilemaker2
Their is no external doc but the function in the FmServer class have extensive docstring. Starts in particular with the server.py file. Moreover an FmServer object is likely the unique thing one will need to import from this package.
- Bugfix on import in test_server.py
- No longer support python2.7 as the
futurelibrary was removed
- Minor change in FmServer.get_file to allow downloading of badly formatted filenames.
- changed the BackCast function so that query parameters may be bytestring
improving this readme
bug fix in the FmServer.fetched_records_number function
0.1.11: enforcing stream=True by default as FMS now requires it.
0.1.10: bug fix with the stream argument.
adding timezone support as FM datetime object are naive datetime
changed the way the options are passed to FmServer object so that a subclass with default parameters can be used.
0.1.6: bug fixes in
- First release of the code
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyfilemaker2-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl (432.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pyfilemaker2-0.2.1.tar.gz (24.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pyfilemaker2-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl