Standard conformant utilities for resource paths of file systems and URIs.
The ‘filesysobjects’ package provides cross-platform-utilities for path addresses of file like resources. This includes the search and navigation features on file system structures with the application of regular expressions for pathnames intermixed with globs.
- filesysobjects - constants
- filesysobjects.apppaths - application resource path processing
- filesysobjects.paths - file systems path processing
- filesysobjects.pathtools - search, enumeration, and iteration operations
- filesysobjects.userdata - user directories
- filesysobjects.osdata - OS directories
- filesysobjects.configdata - config directories
Supported platforms are:
- Linux, BSD, Unix, Mac-OS/OS-X, and Windows
- Python2.7, Python3.5+
Install: pip install pyfilesysobjects, see also ‘Install’.
- sourceforge.net: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyfilesysobjects/files/
- bitbucket.org: https://bitbucket.org/acue/pyfilesysobjects
- github.com: https://github.com/ArnoCan/pyfilesysobjects/
- pypi.org: https://pypi.org/project/pyfilesysobjects/
- PROJECT: ‘filesysobjects’
- MISSION: Standard conform utilities for paths of file systems and URIs.
- VERSION: 00.01
- RELEASE: 00.01.033
- STATUS: alpha
- AUTHOR: Arno-Can Uestuensoez
- COPYRIGHT: Copyright (C) 2010,2011,2015-2018 Arno-Can Uestuensoez @Ingenieurbuero Arno-Can Uestuensoez
- LICENSE: Artistic-License-2.0 + Forced-Fairplay-Constraints
- Python2.7, and Python3.5+
- Linux: Fedora, CentOS, Debian, and Raspbian
- BSD - OpenBSD, and FreeBSD
- OS-X: Snow Leopard
- Windows: Win7, Win10
- UNIX: Solaris
- Changed interface to notation.
- Python2.6 support dropped.
- Python3.5+ support introduced.
- Added advanced file and path search by glob and re - findpattern().
- Added rfc3986 - level-1 with basic normapppathx() and splitapppathx().
- Conformity tests for rfc1738, rfc3986, rfc8089, UNC, MS-SMB/MS-CIFS, IEEE/1003.1, see references section of doc.
- Introduction of dynamic plugins
- Support for name spaces of Windows
- Quoting/masking in http paths currently does not work, %-codes has to be used. Queries and fragments are OK.
- Some minor non-compliance for rare esoteric cases.
- Old style MacOS path names and special handling of ‘:’ by HPF/cli/finder are not supported.
- OpenVMS path names are not supported.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyfilesysobjects-0.1.33.tar.gz (121.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|