A python robotic framework and tools
My robot software.
- Doesn’t use ROS, ROS is a pain to install and maintain on OSX and various linux systems
- Uses some of the same ideas, but not RPC-XML
- Uses Zero MQ instead of roscore
- Uses my PS4 controller with PySDL2
- Uses OpenCV to process on-board or stream video off-board to remote
- All of this runs on Raspberry Pi3
Note: This re-write is still very early and not fully running yet, just parts.
Use brew or apt-get to install:
- opencv 3.x
- cmu pocket sphinx (the most recent version)
- [optional] SDL 2.0 for PS4 joystick control
pip install pygecko
git clone https://github.com/walchko/pygecko cd pygecko pip install -e .
pyGecko still in development
- Audio server
- Navigation server
- Vision processing server
- Keyboard node
- Tools - command line programs
- Topic reader/creator
- bag play/record
- image viewer
- mjpeg streamer
- lib - mostly classes
- camera calibrator
- file storage
This directory contains several tools for the robot:
|camera_calibrate.py||Y||performs camera calibration using either a chessboard or asymmetric circle target. Target patterns are in the patterns folder.|
|topic.py||N||send various commands to the robot [work in progress]|
|image_view||Y||subscribe to image messages and display them for debugging|
|mjpeg-server||Y||create a web server which serves up an mjpeg stream from a camera. Any web browser on any device can see this stream (easier than image_view)|
|video.py||Y||capture images or a video clip from a camera|
|wevserver.py||N||serve up a web page containing debugging and status info for the robot|
Note: Please take stable with a grain of salt … all of this is still in major development.
Note: There is some duplication between these, and it will eventually be sorted out.
pyGecko comes from my previous robotics projects that I have been working on for years.
|2016-10-05||0.3.0||published to PyPi|