Geoprocessing routines for GIS
PyGeoprocessing is a Python/Cython based library that provides a set of commonly used raster, vector, and hydrological operations for GIS processing. Similar functionality can be found in ArcGIS/QGIS raster algebra, ArcGIS zonal statistics, and ArcGIS/GRASS/TauDEM hydrological routing routines.
PyGeoprocessing was developed at the Natural Capital Project to create a programmable, open source, and free GIS processing library to support the ecosystem service software InVEST. PyGeoprocessing’s design prioritizes computation and memory efficient runtimes, easy installation and cross compatibility with other open source and proprietary software licenses, and a simplified set of orthogonal GIS processing routines that interact with GIS data via filename. Specifically the functionally provided by PyGeoprocessing includes
- programmable raster algebra routine (vectorize_datasets)
- routines for simplified raster creation and statistics
- integration with vector based geometry in many of the routines
- a simplified hydrological routing library including,
- d-infinity flow direction
- support for plateau drainage
- weighted and unweighted flow accumulation
- and weighted and unweighted flow distance
- Dependencies include
- Fixed an issue on reclassifying signed byte rasters that had negative nodata values but the internal type stored for vectorize datasets was unsigned.
- Package logger objects are now identified by python heirarchical package paths (e.g. pygeoprocessing.routing)
- Fixed an issue where rasters that had undefined nodata values caused striping in the reclassify_dataset_uri function.
- Fixing LICENSE.TXT to .txt issue that keeps reoccuring.
- Fixed an issue where int32 dems with INT_MIN as the nodata value were being treated as real DEM values because of an internal cast to a float for the nodata type, but a cast to double for the DEM values.
- Fixed an issue where flat regions, such as reservoirs, that could only drain off the edge of the DEM now correctly drain as opposed to having undefined flow directions.
- Fixed a memory issue for DEMs on the order of 25k X 25k, still may have issues with larger DEMs.
- Fixed an issue so tox correctly executes on the repository.
- Created a history file to document current and previous releases.
- Created an informative README.rst.
- Fixing issue that caused “LICENSE.TXT not found” during pip install.
- Fixing issue with automatic versioning scheme.
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pygeoprocessing-0.1.8-cp27-none-win32.whl (804.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|pygeoprocessing-0.1.8.zip (529.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|