a simple but quite powerful Python spell checking library for GtkTextViews based on Enchant
A simple but quite powerful spellchecking library written in pure Python for Gtk based on Enchant. It supports PyGObject as well as PyGtk for Python 2 and 3 with automatic switching and binding detection. For automatic translation of the user interface it can use Gedit’s translation files.
- localized names of the available languages
- supports word, line and multiple line ignore regular expressions
- supports ignore custom tags on GtkTextBuffer
- enable and disable of spellchecking with preferences memory
- supports hotswap of GtkTextBuffers
- PyGObject and PyGtk compatible with automatic detection
- Python 2 and 3 supportas Enchant, support for Hunspell (LibreOffice) and Aspell (GNU) dictionaries
- extract dictionaries out of LibreOffice extension files
The documentation is available at Read the Docs.
Development happens at GitHub.
PyGtkSpellcheck is released under GPLv3 or at your opinion any later version.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pygtkspellcheck-3.0.tar.gz (52.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|