a simple but quite powerful Python spell checking library for GtkTextViews based on Enchant
Python GTK Spellchecker
A simple but quite powerful spellchecking library written in pure Python for Gtk based on Enchant. It supports PyGObject as well as PyGtk for Python 2 and 3 with automatic switching and binding detection. For automatic translation of the user interface it can use Gedit’s translation files.
- localized names of the available languages
- supports word, line and multiple line ignore regular expressions
- supports ignore custom tags on GtkTextBuffer
- enable and disable of spellchecking with preferences memory
- supports hotswap of GtkTextBuffers
- PyGObject and PyGtk compatible with automatic detection
- Python 2 and 3 supportas Enchant, support for Hunspell (LibreOffice) and Aspell (GNU) dictionaries
- extract dictionaries out of LibreOffice extension files
- legacy API for Python GtkSpell
The documentation is available at Read the Docs.
PyPI package is available:
pip install pygtkspellcheck
Archlinux - AUR
pacman -S python-gtkspellcheck
pacman -S python2-gtkspellcheck
Ubuntu / Debian
sudo apt-get install python-gtkspellcheck
sudo apt-get install python3-gtkspellcheck
Development happens at GitHub.
PyGtkSpellcheck is released under GPLv3 or at your opinion any later version.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pygtkspellcheck-4.0.2.tar.gz (109.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|