A lightweight and relaxed game engine for Python.
Latest Version: 2.0.0
Pylash is a modern and cross-platform 2D game engine written in Python. With modern and practical interfaces provided by pylash, you can create games in an easy and relaxed way.
- Cross-platform. Leveraging compatibility of the underlying engine PySide2, pylash supports many mainstream platforms including Ubuntu, macOS and Windows.
- Easy-to-use APIs. Pylash adopts ActionScript-like interface designs to raise the efficiency of game developing.
- Lightweight. Pylash does not come with piles of third-party tools and frameworks.
- Comprehensiveness. Pylash is a universal framework and provides various object-oriented interfaces including display of images, text and vector graphics, collision detection, tween animation, multimedia, etc.
Get Started with Pylash
$ pip install pylash-engine
Hello World Program
Create a Python file and open it with your favorite text editor. Type in the code below:
from pylash.core import init, addChild from pylash.display import TextField def main(): txt = TextField() txt.text = "Hello World" txt.size = 40 txt.x = txt.y = 100 addChild(txt) init(30, "Hello World", 400, 300, main)
Run the Python file and you will get a window with a "Hello World" text.
This project is hosted on Github. Issue reports and pull requests are welcome. In addition, you can drop me an email if you have any question or suggestion.
- My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Character
- Get Fruits
- Tower Defense
Changelog for 2.0.0
- Port base engine from PyQt4 to PySide2.
- Removed modules:
- Renamed modules:
loadersmodule, providing various loaders for different resource types.
TextFieldclass and related classes to
LineEditclass: added focus-in event and focus-out event.
- Substitute Phonon with QtMultimedia as multimedia engine.
mediamodule for displaying videos.
- Improved event system. Listener will not receive an event dispatcher as the parameter anymore.
- Added more demo.
- Added docstring for
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pylash_engine-2.0.0a1-py3-none-any.whl (30.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size pylash_engine-2.0.0a1.tar.gz (29.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for pylash_engine-2.0.0a1-py3-none-any.whl