pymatgen is the Python library powering the Materials Project (www.materialsproject.org).
Pymatgen (Python Materials Genomics) is a robust, open-source Python library for materials analysis. It currently powers the public Materials Project (http://www.materialsproject.org), an initiative to make calculated properties on a large number of materials available to materials researchers and designers. These are some of the main features:
- Highly flexible classes for the representation of Element, Site, Molecule, Structure objects.
- Extensive io capabilities to manipulate many VASP input and output files (http://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp/) and the crystallographic information file format. This includes generating Structure objects from vasp input and output. There is also support for Gaussian input files and XYZ file for molecules.
- Comprehensive tool to generate and view compositional and grand canonical phase diagrams.
- Electronic structure analyses (DOS and Bandstructure).
- Integration with the Materials Project REST API.
The pymatgen library is free (as in free beer) to download and to use. However, we would also like you to help us improve this library by making your own contributions as well. These contributions can be in the form of additional tools or modules you develop, or even simple things such as bug reports. Please contact the maintainer of this library (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how to include your contributions via github or for bug reports.
Note that pymatgen, like all scientific research, will always be a work in progress. While the development team will always strive to avoid backward incompatible changes, they are sometimes unavoidable, and tough decisions have to be made for the long term health of the code.
For documentation and usage guide, please refer to the latest documentation at our github page (http://materialsproject.github.com/pymatgen/). If you wish to be notified via email of pymatgen releases, you may become a member of pymatgen’s Google Groups page (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/pymatgen/).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pymatgen-2.1.0-py2.7.egg (744.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Jul 27, 2012|
|pymatgen-2.1.0.tar.gz (1.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jul 27, 2012|