Python library for working with 3D point clouds.
pyntcloud is a Python 3 library for working with 3D point clouds leveraging the power of the Python scientific stack.
- Examples (We encourage you to try the examples without installation launching Binder.)
You can access most of pyntcloud’s functionality from its core class: PyntCloud.
With PyntCloud you can perform complex 3D processing operations with minimum lines of code. For example you can:
- Load a PLY point cloud from disk.
- Add 3 new scalar fields by converting RGB to HSV.
- Build a grid of voxels from the point cloud.
- Build a new point cloud keeping only the nearest point to each occupied voxel center.
- Save the new point cloud in numpy’s NPZ format.
With the following concise code:
from pyntcloud import PyntCloud cloud = PyntCloud.from_file("some_file.ply") cloud.add_scalar_field("hsv") voxelgrid_id = cloud.add_structure("voxelgrid", n_x=32, n_y=32, n_z=32) new_cloud = cloud.get_sample("voxelgrid_nearest", voxelgrid_id=voxelgrid_id, as_PyntCloud=True) new_cloud.to_file("out_file.npz")
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pyntcloud-0.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (348.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|pyntcloud-0.0.1.tar.gz (1.8 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|