pypp: python preprocessor based on the Mako template engine
The primary benefit of pypp is improved readability of source code. Furthermore, the template engine provides powerful macro functionality which helps save keystrokes whilst coding.
- Ease of use: just one import statement
- No additional file to declare nor any change in file extension required
- Once compilation is done, no runtime overhead
- Freshness check: compilation is only performed upon changes to source files
- Based on the Mako template engine
- Increases start-up time
- Some template constructs confuse source code editor syntax highlight functionality
- Added ‘freshness’ check in order to save recompiles
- Removed debug print statements
- disabled template caching: (1) pypp is not optimizing start-up time (2) runtime time resources are optimized
Initial alpha release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.