A Picture Transfer Protocol module supporting CHDK extensions
A Python module that implements the Picture Transfer Protocol, including support for CHDK extensions.
- Make sure that
- a C compiler is installed
- the C header files of libusb and Python itself are installed. Under Ubuntu and Debian, these are the packages libusb-dev and python-dev.
- Install libtool and automake.
- To run tests, you need Python’s testtols package. (python-testtools in Ubuntu and Debian.)
- Install the right version of libptp
python-chdk-ptp requires yet another special libptp version: https://launchpad.net/python-ptp-chdk/trunk/0.1/+download/libptp-chdk-patches-0.1.tar.gz
Unpack the libptp source code into the subdirectory ‘libptp’ of the main python-chdsk-ptp source code directory and run
cd libptp autogen.sh configure –with-pic make
- Build and install python-ptp-chdk
Run (in the main source code directory)
setup.py build setup.py install
See examples and tests. (Note that some examples require the Python Imaging Library.)
This project would be completely pointless without the amazing work done by the CHDK developers anaylzing and extending the firmware of Canon compact cameras. Parts of the source code is borrowed from http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdkde/trunk/ and http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdkptp/