A pyramid extension that provides one application programming interface to read and write data in different excel file formats
pyramid-excel is based on pyexcel and makes it easy to consume/produce information stored in excel files over HTTP protocol as well as on file system. This library can turn the excel data into a list of lists, a list of records(dictionaries), dictionaries of lists. And vice versa. Hence it lets you focus on data in Pyramid based web development, instead of file formats.
The idea originated from the problem of the illiteracy of excel file formats of non-technical office workers: such as office assistant, human resource administrator. There is nothing with the un-deniable fact that some people do not know the difference among various excel formats. It becomes usability problem to those people when a web service cannot parse the excel file that they saved using Microsoft Excel. Instead of training those people about file formats, this library helps web developers to handle most of the excel file formats by unifying the programming interface to most of the excel readers and writers.
The highlighted features are:
- excel data import into and export from databases
- turn uploaded excel file directly into Python data struture
- pass Python data structures as an excel file download
- provide data persistence as an excel file in server side
- supports csv, tsv, csvz, tsvz by default and other formats are supported via the following plugins:
|Plugins||Supported file formats|
|pyexcel-xls||xls, xlsx(r), xlsm(r)|
|pyexcel-ods3||ods (python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4)|
|pyexcel-ods||ods (python 2.6, 2.7)|
|pyexcel-text||(write only)json, rst, mediawiki, latex, grid, pipe, orgtbl, plain simple|
This library makes infomation processing involving various excel files as easy as processing array, dictionary when processing file upload/download, data import into and export from SQL databases, information analysis and persistence. It uses pyexcel and its plugins:
- to provide one uniform programming interface to handle csv, tsv, xls, xlsx, xlsm and ods formats.
- to provide one-stop utility to import the data in uploaded file into a database and to export tables in a database as excel files for file download.
- to provide the same interface for information persistence at server side: saving a uploaded excel file to and loading a saved excel file from file system.
Fonts, colors and charts are not supported.
You can install it via pip:
$ pip install pyramid-excel
or clone it and install it:
$ git clone http://github.com/pyexcel/pyramid-excel.git $ cd pyramid-excel $ python setup.py install
Once the pyramid_excel is installed, you must use the config.include mechanism to include it into your Pyramid project’s configuration:
config = Configurator(.....) config.include('pyramid_excel')
Alternately, you may activate the extension by changing your application’s .ini file by adding it to the pyramid.includes list:
pyramid.includes = pyramid_excel
New BSD License
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyramid-excel-0.0.3.zip (12.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|