Security Proxy for OGC Services like WPS.
- Twitcher (the bird-watcher)
- a birdwatcher mainly interested in catching sight of rare birds. (Leo).
Twitcher is a security proxy for Web Processing Services (WPS). The execution of a WPS process is blocked by the proxy. The proxy service uses access tokens (UUID) to run a WPS process. The access tokens are valid only for a short period of time. In addition one can also use X.509 certificates for WPS client authentication.
The implementation is not restricted to WPS services. It will be extended to more OWS services like WMS (Web Map Service) and CSW (Catalogue Service for the Web) and might also be used for Thredds catalog services.
- Magpie is an AuthN/AuthZ service provided by the PAVICS project.
- Weaver middleware by CRIM. A reimplementation of an old Twitcher fork for workflow execution and a Swagger RESTful interface for Web Processing Services.
Twitcher is implemented with the Python Pyramid web framework.
Twitcher Docker images are also available for most recent tagged versions.
- Adds route /info which returns contents of twitcher.__version__.
- Adds route /versions which returns version details such as Twitcher app version and employed adapter version.
- Updated README.rst to match recent development, reference and docker image link.
- Adds URI of /info and /versions routes in the frontpage response.
- Corresponding HTTP status codes are returned for raised OWSException.
- Add postgres extra requirements for when it is used as database driver with sqlalchemy.
- Use container instead of config for AdapterInterface.owsproxy_config to match real use cases.
- Improve the adapter import methodology to work with more use cases (https://github.com/Ouranosinc/Magpie/issues/182).
- Fix incorrect setup for bump version within Makefile.
- Fix Twitcher main including twitcher.<module> instead of .<module>.
- Skipped Buildout (#49).
- Replaced mongodb by sqlalchemy (#51).
- Simplified Makefile and skipped conda targets (#75).
- Add Makefile targets for docker, bumpversion and coverage analysis related tasks (#67).
- Removed unused config module (#70).
- Provided a Dockerfile for building Twitcher (#67).
- Provide AdapterInterface to allow overriding store implementations with configuration setting twitcher.adapter (#67).
- Add version auto-update (number and date) of these ‘changes’ with bump2version (#67).
- Update requirements with missing dependencies when building docker image.
- Various fixes (#74, #73, #72, #71)
- Skipped Python 2.7 support (#61).
- Added public URL “purl” (#58).
- Added SSL verify option (#55).
- Skipped internal WPS (#52).
- Moved tests to top-level folder (#47).
- Fixed the wps DataInputs params encoding (#42).
- Fixed error 400 Contradictory scheme headers (#40).
- make protected path configurable (#36).
- fixed exclude filter in MANIFEST.in.
- Feature #28: use request upstream when not using wps (e.g download file through thredds).
- removed unused c4i option.
- added auth option to set authentication method.
- updated docs for usage of x509 certificates.
- Feature #25: using x509 certificates for service authentication.
- updated makefile
- updated buildout recipes
- fixed nginx dependency
- updated mongodb 3.4
- configured csrf in xmlrpc
- fixed tutorial example
- added readthedocs, licence and chat badges
- updated logging.
- fixed: creates workdir if it does not exist.
- fixed fetching of access token when service is public.
- set header X-X509-User-Proxy.
- set permission of certfile.
- added option ows-proxy-delegate.
- changed rpc interface.
- added twitcher.client module.
- using esgf scls service to get credentials.
- updated internal pywps to version 4.0.0.
- using default port 5000.
- added ipython notebook examples.
- moved namesgenerator to top-level.
- added _compat module for python 3.x/2.x compatibility.
- added twitcher.api and cleaned up rpcinterface.
- added twitcher.store with mongodb and memory implementation.
- added twitcher.datatype with AccessToken and Service.
- using https port only.
- using OWSExceptions on errors in owsproxy.
- using replace_caps_url in owsproxy.
- pinned mongodb=2.6*|3.3.9.
- replaced service_url by proxy_url.
- added wms_130 and renamed wms_111.
- using doc2dict, renamed get_service_by_name().
- added support for c4i tokens.
- updated deps: pytest, mongodb.
- updated buildout recipes.
- fixed functional tests.
- don’t allow dupliate service names.
- register service with public access.
- WMS services can be registered.
- updated to new buildout with seperated conda environment.
- replaced nose by pytest.
- updated installation docs.
- update of service failed (#17).
- updated docs.
- renamed python package to pyramid_twitcher.
- conda envionment.yml added.
- using get_sane_name().
- replaced httplib2 by requests.
- don’t check token for allowed requests (#14).
- ignore decoding errors of response content (#13).
- fixed twitcher app config: wrong egg name.
- fixed docs links
- Fixed MANIFEST.in
- Fixed service database index.
- Updated makefile.
- Added more links to appendix.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyramid_twitcher-0.5.2.tar.gz (44.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|