Dynamic asset mutation for Pyramid. Easily adds support for popular asset metalanguages such as CoffeeScript, SASS, SCSS, LESS, Dart, TypeScript, etc.
Pyramid AssetMutator provides simple and dynamic asset mutation (also known as compiling or piping) for your Pyramid applications.
Inspired by other more powerful asset management packages, its goal is to provide a basic and straightforward mechanism for asset compilation (e.g. CoffeeScript/LESS), minification (e.g. jsmin), and optimization (e.g. pngcrush).
As of version 0.3, it also adds experimental support for template language parsing (e.g. you could use view helpers like request.route_url() in your CoffeeScript by installing the pyramid_jinja2 package and using application.coffee.jinja2 as the asset source filename).
To install, simply:
pip install pyramid_assetmutator
You can read the documentation at: https://pyramid-assetmutator.readthedocs.io/
Known Issues and Limitations
- Experimental support for Py3k/pypy.
- Doesn’t clean up after itself (compiled/mutated assets aren’t removed automatically).
- Mutator “commands” must print to stdout (see the documentation for more info).
- Hopefully obvious, but you have to actually have the specified compiler command installed and accessible from your working path in order for it to work.
Disclaimers and Warnings
This is Alpha software–use at your own risk!
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
v0.4 – 09/16/2016
- Fixed a bug where mutated files could be created with incorrect filenames if the each_boot setting was enabled with a remutate_check value of mtime or checksum.
- Fixed a Windows bug due to shlex.split usage (thanks @tdamsma).
- Added a purge_mutated_path setting which can be used to remove all files from a specified mutated_path upon application boot.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyramid_assetmutator-0.4.tar.gz (13.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pyramid_assetmutator-0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (14.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pyramid_assetmutator-0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl