A package which logs to a Python logger when an exception is raised by a Pyramid application
A package which logs Pyramid application exception (error) information to a standard Python logger. This add-on is most useful when used in production applications, because the logger can be configured to log to a file, to UNIX syslog, to the Windows Event Log, or even to email.
See the documentation at http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid-exclog/en/latest/ for more information.
This package will only work with Pyramid 1.5 and better.
- Drop support for Python 3.3.
- Require Pyramid 1.5+.
- Move the tween over the EXCVIEW such that it also handles exceptions caused by exception views. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_exclog/pull/32
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Add explicit support for Python 3.4 and 3.5.
- Handle IOError exception when accessing request parameters.
- Fix UnicodeDecodeError on Python 2 when QUERY_STRING is a str containing non-ascii bytes.
- Allways pass the logging module text rather than sometimes bytes and sometimes text.
- Add explicit support for Python 3.3.
- Do not error if the URL, query string or post data contains unexpected encodings.
- Try to log an exception when logging fails: often the middleware is used just inside one which converts all errors into ServerErrors (500), hiding any exceptions triggered while logging.
- Add unauthenticated_user() to the output when the extra_info key is set to True (PR #11).
- Add a hook for constructing custom log messages (PR #15).
- Changed testing regime to allow setup.py dev.
- We no longer test under Python 2.5 (although it’s not explicitly broken under 2.5).
- Add an exclog.extra_info setting to the exclog configuration. If it’s true, send WSGI environment and params info in the log message.
- Python 3.2 compatibility under Pyramid 1.3.X.
- Docs-only changes.
- Don’t register an implicit tween factory with an alias (compat with future 1.2).
- Improve documentation by providing examples of logging to file, email and by describing deltas to default Pyramid 1.2 logging config.
- Use string value as factory to add_tween in includeme.
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pyramid_exclog-1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (9.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|pyramid_exclog-1.0.tar.gz (19.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|