pyramid_ldap provides LDAP authentication services for your Pyramid application. Thanks to the ever-awesome SurveyMonkey for sponsoring the development of this package!
See the documentation at https://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid_ldap/en/latest/ for more information.
This package will only work with Pyramid 1.3 and later.
pyramid_ldap uses pyldap which in turn requires libldap2 and libsasl2 development headers installed.
On Ubuntu 16.04 you can install them using the command apt-get install libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev.
- version changed in setup.py
- Added wheels license to setup.cfg
- Python 3 is now supported! This is possible thanks to python-ldap supporting python 3
- BREAKING CHANGE: pyramid_ldap now depends on python-ldap >= 3.0, which supports python 2 and 3. If you upgrade pyramid_ldap without upgrading python-ldap, you will see failures where python-ldap receives text arguments instead of bytes. See below for more information.
- python-ldap >= 3.0 stopped accepting bytes type arguments for many LDAPObject methods. We now use the pyramid.compat.text_ function to support text arguments for python 2 and 3.
- In versions 0.2 and lower, invalid LDAP strings passed to pyramid_ldap.Connector.authenticate would raise ldap.FILTER_ERROR. In 0.3 and up we use ldap.filter.escape_filter_chars to properly escape these prior to running the LDAP search. Applications using pyramid_ldap have always been responsible for making sure the login value fits the ldap.login_filter_tpl setting in their application. However, if you relied on ldap.FILTER_ERROR to catch bad username formats (such as CORP\username, where the unescaped \ is disallowed in LDAP searches), note that now authenticate will return None instead.
- Use tox for testing against Python 2.7, 3.6, PEP8, coverage and building docs. Setup Travis CI to run tox. Use pylons-sphinx-themes to fix broken Read The Docs builds. See: https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_ldap/pull/22
- Prevent the use of zero-length password authentication. See: https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_ldap/pull/13
- Initial version
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pyramid_ldap-0.3.1.post1-py3-none-any.whl (12.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|pyramid_ldap-0.3.1.post1.tar.gz (23.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|