A pyramid plugin that rewrites the HTTP method based on a query-string parameter.
The pyramid_methodrewrite package is a pyramid plugin that adds a “tween” that rewrites the active HTTP method (as exposed via request.method) to the value provided in a HTTP header or query-string. The main reason for this is to allow clients to fake the use of HTTP methods beyond GET and POST (such as PUT and DELETE) that are behind non-compliant proxies, browsers, or other deficient software that limit which HTTP methods can be sent.
It does this by looking for an X-HTTP-Method-Override HTTP header or a _method parameter in either the query-string or POST data, and if the value is of the known set of HTTP methods, will override the active request’s .method attribute. Both the header name and parameter name are configurable. The header value, if specified, takes precedence over the parameter value.
For example, the request:
GET /path/to/resource?_method=OPTIONS HTTP/1.1
Becomes equivalent (from the application’s point of view) to:
OPTIONS /path/to/resource HTTP/1.1
$ pip install pyramid-methodrewrite
Enable the tween either in your INI file via:
pyramid.includes = pyramid_methodrewrite
or in code in your package’s application initialization via:
def main(global_config, **settings): # ... config.include('pyramid_methodrewrite') # ...
The following configuration settings can be set in your application’s main section:
- methodrewrite.enabled: a boolean flag to control whether or not method rewriting should be enabled. Default: True.
- methodrewrite.on: a list of incoming HTTP methods that will cause this tween to check the request parameters and potentially make the change. Defaults to (GET, POST).
- methodrewrite.header: the name of the header that controls the requested method. Defaults to X-HTTP-Method-Override. If present, the header override takes precedence over the parameter override.
- methodrewrite.param: the name of the parameter that controls the requested method. Defaults to _method.
- methodrewrite.to: list of acceptable HTTP methods that a request can be rewritten to. If set to empty, no restrictions will be made on mapping to acceptable or known methods. Defaults to pyramid_methodrewrite.HTTP_METHODS.
Note that all method names are always converted to upper case.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyramid_methodrewrite-0.2.3.tar.gz (5.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pyramid_methodrewrite-0.2.3.tar.gz