``pyramid_multildap`` is a friendly fork of `pyramid_ldap`_,
incorporating some changes which have been proposed upstream,
but have not been accepted (yet?).
The package is being developed at github:
.. include:: ORIG_README.rst
.. _`pyramid_ldap`: https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_ldap
The package's documentation is hosted at
Original README follows:
``pyramid_ldap`` provides LDAP authentication services for your Pyramid
application. Thanks to the ever-awesome `SurveyMonkey
<http://surveymonkey.com>`_ for sponsoring the development of this package!
See the documentation at
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid_ldap/en/latest/ for more
This package will only work with Pyramid 1.3a9 and better.
- Convert sampleapp to a minimal ldapauth scaffold
- Add attrlist to LDAPQuery, set_login_query, set_groups_query to allow
retrieved attributes to be filtered. (Default: All attributes on users, no
attributes on groups). See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_ldap/pull/8
- Support creation of multiple co-existing ldap contexts in the same
application. See https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_ldap/pull/6
- Add a "search_after_bind" attribute to the _LDAPQuery class, to
help in reading directory entry attributes when the directory server
is configured to hide them in the before login search phase.
- Set a size limit on pre-login entry dn searches.
- Escape user-provided login names, avoiding server errors or trivial
DOSs caused by user names like 'user*name' or 'user(middle)name'
- Prevent the use of zero-length password authentication. See
- Initial version
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.