SQLAlchemy integration for pyramid
SQLAlchemy relies on global state for a few things:
- A MetaData instance which tracks all known SQL tables.
- A base class for all models using the ORM.
- A session factory.
Every application using SQLAlchemy must provides its own instance of these. This makes it hard create add-on packages that also use SQLAlchemy, since they either need to have their own SQLAlchemy state, which makes it hard to integrate them into your application, or they need to jump through multiple complex hoops to allow them share state with your application.
pyramid_sqlalchemy helps by providing a canonical location for the global SQLAlchemy state. In addition it provides a convenient way to configure SQLAlchemy in a Pyramid application.
from pyramid.config import Configurator from pyramid_sqlalchemy import BaseObject class MyModel(BaseObject): __tablename__ = 'my_model' ... def main(): config = Configurator() # Configure SQLAlchemy using settings from the .ini file config.include('pyramid_sqlalchemy') ... return config.make_wsgi_app()
1.2.1 - September 1, 2014
- Move pyramid to a test-only dependency. This makes it simpler to use pyramid_sqlalchemy in non-pyramid contexts.
1.2 - August 30, 2014
- Use unittest.mock when available. This removes the mock dependency on Python 3.
- Tests no longer need to mock out pyramid_sqlalchemy.includeme; this is now handled by DatabaseTestCase and the py.test fixtures.
- Automatically make py.test fixtures available externally. This removes the need to copy & paste them over from the documentation.
- Fix error on pytest fixture example.
- Setup Travis to automatically run tests on CPython 2.6, CPython 2.7, CPython 3.3, CPython 3.4 and PyPy.
1.1 - July 14, 2014
- Add missing schema to the Pyramid-URL in the package description. This broke ReST rendering on the PyPI page.
- Add a new enable_sql_two_phase_commit() configuration directive to enable two-phase commit.
- Enable foreign key constraint checking for SQLite in DatabaseTestCase.
- Use SQLAlchemy events instead of ZopeTransactionExtension to handle integration of zope.sqlalchemy and SQLAlchemy.
1.0 - July 13, 2014
- First release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyramid_sqlalchemy-1.2.1.tar.gz (15.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|