Python Netlink library
Pyroute2 is a pure Python netlink library. It requires only Python stdlib, no 3rd party libraries. Later it can change, but the deps tree will remain as simple, as it is possible.
The library provides several modules:
- Netlink protocol implementations (RTNetlink, TaskStats, etc)
- Simple netlink socket object, that can be used in poll/select
- IPRoute provides API that in some way resembles ip/tc functionality
- IPDB is an async transactional database of network settings (still experimental)
make install or pip install pyroute2
Python >= 2.6
- test reqs: flake8, coverage, nosetests
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.