Python Netlink library
![E/// logo](docs/ericsson.png “supported by Ericsson”)
This is a development branch. Use branch 0.3.x to get stable releases.
Pyroute2 is a pure Python netlink and Linux network configuration library. It requires only Python stdlib, no 3rd party libraries. Later it can change, but the deps tree will remain as simple, as it is possible.
The library provides several modules:
- Netlink protocol implementations (RTNetlink, TaskStats, etc)
- rtnl, network settings — addresses, routes, traffic controls
- nl80211 — wireless functions API (work in progress)
- nfnetlink — netfilter API: ipset, nftables (work in progress), …
- ipq — simplest userspace packet filtering, iptables QUEUE target
- taskstats — extended process statistics
- Simple netlink socket object, that can be used in poll/select
- Network configuration module IPRoute provides API that in some way resembles ip/tc functionality
- IPDB is an async transactional database of Linux network settings
network namespace samples
Network namespace manipulation:
from pyroute2 import netns # create netns netns.create('test') # list print(netns.listnetns()) # remove netns netns.remove('test')
Create veth interfaces pair and move to netns:
from pyroute2 import IPDB ip = IPDB() # create interface pair ip.create(ifname='v0p0', kind='veth', peer='v0p1').commit() # move peer to netns with ip.interfaces.v0p1 as veth: veth.net_ns_fd = 'test' # don't forget to release before exit ip.release()
List interfaces in some netns:
from pyroute2 import NetNS from pprint import pprint ns = NetNS('test') pprint(ns.get_links()) ns.close()
More details and samples see in the documentation.
make install or pip install pyroute2
Python >= 2.6
The pyroute2 testing framework requires flake8, coverage, nosetests.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyroute2-0.4.0.tar.gz (415.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|