A service provider implementation for SAML2.0.
pysamlsp is a Python library for implementing a Service Provider within a SAML2.0 SSO environment.
This package is under active development but is currently incomplete. Please don’t try to use it.
- python 2.7
and for tests:
- openssl (though xmlsec1 may be built with GnuTLS, Libgcrypt, or NSS)
At this point in development, I have not uploaded to Pypi. Once I have, installation will be as easy as:
pip install pysqlsp
In the meantime you can clone this repository and run:
python setup.py install
Initialize the class with a configuration dictionary:
sp_config = dict( ... )
The configuration dictionary may have the following entries:
- ‘assertion_consumer_service_url’: The URL of the SSO provider.
- ‘issuer’: A unique identifier for the service provider; probably should match the entityID attribute of the SP metadata.
- ‘private_key’: A path for the private key PEM file, required for signing AuthnRequests.
- ‘sign_authnrequests’: True / False flag to indicate whether AuthnRequests should be signed.
- ‘certificate’: A path for the certificate file against which a SAMLResponse signature can be verified.
Create a redirect URL with the SAMLRequest query parameter:
sp = Pysamlsp(sp_config) redirect_url = sp.redirect_for_idp()
The identity provider will post to the address specified in the service providers metadata.xml. The posted field “SAMLResponse” will contain a (base64encoded, gzip’d) XML response:
saml_response = query['SAMLResponse'] if sp.idp_response_is_valid(saml_response): ...
If you are signing your AuthnRequests, you’ll need an RSA private key. Here is a procedure for creating the keys using openssl.
Create a private key, good for 10 years:
openssl req -x509 -days 3650 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout saml_key_pw.pem -out saml.crt
Remove the passphrase from your new key. This library does not currently support keys with passphrases:
openssl rsa -in saml_key_pw.pem -out saml_key.pem
Create a public key from the private key. You’ll need this for metadata:
openssl rsa -in saml_key.pem -pubout > saml.pub
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pysamlsp-0.1.4.tar.gz (7.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|