A pysmvt supporting application
pysapp is a library designed as a “supporting application” for pysmvt applications.
Example applications will be avilable soon, for now, please follow the steps below to get your own default application up and running.
Steps for Installation
- Install Python
- install setuptools (includes easy_install)
- install virtualenv easy_install virtualenv
- Create a new virtual environement virtualenv myproj-staging –no-site-packages
- Activate the virtual environment (os dependent)
- install pysapp & dependencies easy_install pysapp
Steps for creating a working application
Note: the pysmvt command is installed when you install pysapp, which has pysmvt as a requirement.
- cd myproj-staging
- mkdir src
- cd src
- pysmvt project -t pysapp <myapp> replace <myapp> with your project name
- answer the questions that come up
- write down “Login Details”, referred to hereafter as <user> & <pass>
- cd <myapp>-dist
- python setup.py -q develop
- cd <myapp>
- pysmvt broadcast initdb setup the database tables
- pysmvt broadcast initapp setup the database tables
- pysmvt broadcast initmod <user> let modules set themselves up, use the settings profile for your user
- pysmvt serve <user> run a development http server with the user’s settings profile
- point your browser at http://localhost:5000/
Creating a New Application Module
This step creates a Application Module directory structure in <myapp>/modules/<mymod>:
pysmvt module <mymod>
where <mymod> is the name of the module you want to create
Questions & Comments
Please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/pyslibs
The code for 0.1 is pretty stable. API, however, will be changing in 0.2.
The unstable development version.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pysapp-0.1.1-py2.5.egg (124.1 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.5||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size pysapp-0.1.1.zip (94.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|