PyScaffold extension to create a custom PyScaffold extension
PyScaffold extension that let’s you create your own custom extensions.
This extension serves as a support for the users interested in developing their own extension for PyScaffold. It configures your project so that you can start writing your extension logic and tests right away, taking care of all the wiring required to conform to PyScaffold’s needs.
Let’s say you want to create an extension named notebooks that creates a notebooks folder with some template Jupyter notebook. After having installed this extension with:
pip install pyscaffoldext-custom-extension
you will be able to just use it with:
putup --custom-extension notebooks
This will create a typical PyScaffold project template with some modifications:
- the topmost namespace will be pyscaffoldext to have a unified namespace for PyScaffold extensions,
- assures that the project is named pyscaffoldext-notebooks in setup.cfg,
- sets the correct setup_requires and install_requires as well as the options.entry_points parameters in setup.cfg,
- automatically activates the extensions --no-skeleton, --pre-commit, --travis and --tox since we want clean-coded, high-quality extensions,
- creates a extension.py module holding a class Notebooks which serves you as a template for your extension,
- adds basic unit tests checking that the invocation of your extension works and that it complies with our flake8 code guidelines,
- provides a modified README.rst indicating that this is a PyScaffold extensions and how to install it.
For more information about PyScaffold and its extension mechanism, check out http://pyscaffold.org/.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyscaffoldext_custom_extension-0.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl (13.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pyscaffoldext-custom-extension-0.5.tar.gz (19.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pyscaffoldext_custom_extension-0.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for pyscaffoldext-custom-extension-0.5.tar.gz