SDL2 wrapper with cffi
pysdl2-cffi is a Python wrapper for SDL2 written using cffi, featuring:
- A cffi + dlopen interface to the underlying SDL2 libraries.
- Automatically generated, consistent helper functions for SDL2, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, and SDL_ttf that hide most allocation and dereferencing.
- Useful docstrings on every function, including the C function signature and (for SDL2 only) the library’s original doxygen documentation reformatted as Sphinx restructured text.
- A small collection of libSDL2’s original example / test programs converted to Python using Eric S. Raymond’s ctopy.
The goal is to provide a flat, consistent, faithful-to-C binding with some more-Pythonic renaming and conveniences.
This wrapper won’t contain anything that doesn’t directly translate to part of the library’s API. The goal is to be a dependency for something like pygame, not a replacement.
This library should be compatible with Linux, OSX and Windows.
This library is licensed under the GPLv2 or (at your option) any later version. Alternatively a commercial license can be purchased from the author for a nominal fee.
Install with pip, or download from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pysdl2-cffi
Source hosted at https://bitbucket.org/dholth/pysdl2-cffi
Documentation hosted at https://pythonhosted.org/pysdl2-cffi
- Struct wrappers now expose all the attributes of the C-level struct as properties. Great for tinkering, as the property names can now be inspected interactively.
- Struct wrappers no longer pass all attribute access through getattr/setattr. Arbitrary data can be attached to the struct wrappers as is customary in Python.
- Fix a capitalization error for the “classy” API to conform to the general binding rules. ob.gL_Function is now ob.GL_Function.
- Windows is now supported! You must manually download the SDL2 dll’s and place them on PATH set PATH=%PATH%;C:\users\me\SDL2Dir but pysdl2-cffi will attempt to load the Windows .dll as well as the Unix .so.
- Enums are no longer wrapped in (nonexistent) classes
- Python 2 can also pass Unicode where char* is required; automatically encoded to utf-8.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pysdl2_cffi-0.7.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (114.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pysdl2-cffi-0.7.0.tar.gz (193.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pysdl2_cffi-0.7.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl