A wsgi web framework with a pylons spirit and django modularity
pysmvt is a wsgi web framework library designed in the spirit of Pylons but with Django modularity (i.e. what they would call “apps”). If you want to try it out it would be best to start with our example application.
Steps for Installation
- Install Python
- install setuptools (includes easy_install)
- install virtualenv easy_install virtualenv
- Create a new virtual environement virtualenv myproj-staging –no-site-packages
- Activate the virtual environment (os dependent)
- install pysmvt & dependencies easy_install pysmvt
Steps for creating a working application
- cd myproj-staging
- mkdir src
- cd src
- pysmvt project myapp
- answer the questions that come up. Note what you put for
- “Enter author (your name)” as <user>. If you forget, look in myapp/settings.py.
- cd myapp-dist
- python setup.py -q develop
- nosetests you should get three succesful tests
- cd myapp
- pysmvt serve <user> run a development http server with the user’s settings profile
- point your browser at http://localhost:5000/
Creating a New Application Module
This step creates a Application Module directory structure in myapp/modules/<mymod>:
pysmvt module <mymod>
where <mymod> is the name of the module you want to create
Questions & Comments
Please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/pyslibs
The code for 0.1 is pretty stable. API, however, will be changing in 0.2.
The unstable development version.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pysmvt-0.1-py2.5.egg (129.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||May 7, 2009|
|pysmvt-0.1.zip (82.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 7, 2009|