load SweepMe! instrument drivers from python scripts
SweepMe! is a program to create measurement procedures in short time. The communication with the instruments is handled via instrument drivers ("Device Classes"), that are python based code snippets. To use these drivers in independent python projects, you can use pysweepme to load them including the creation of interface ports. The package pysweepme outsources parts of SweepMe! as open source MIT licensed code to allow loading drivers in your own scripts.
So far, only Windows is supported. Other systems might work as well but probably some modifications are needed. Use the command line (cmd) to install/uninstall:
pip install pysweepme
pip uninstall pysweepme
pip install pysweepme --upgrade
- copy the drivers to a certain folder in your project folder, e.g "Devices" or to the public folder "CustomDevices"
- import pysweepme to your project
- use 'get_device' to load a device class
- see the source code of the device classes to see which commands are available
import pysweepme # find a certain folder that is used by SweepMe! custom_devices_folder = pysweepme.get_path("CUSTOMDEVICES") mouse = pysweepme.get_device("Logger-PC_Mouse", folder = ".", port = "") # folder is a path from which device classes will be loaded # port is a string, e.g. "COM1" or "GPIB0::24::INSTR" print(mouse.read())
The version number of pysweepme correlates with the version number of SweepMe!. For example, pysweepme 184.108.40.206 is exactly the version that is shipped with SweepMe! 220.127.116.11 so that drivers working with SweepMe! 18.104.22.168 should also work with pysweepme 22.214.171.124.
It is planned to publish the source code on github. At the moment, please use the files in the folder Lib/site-packages/pysweepme of your python installation.
- Device Classes might depend on further python packages that are part of SweepMe! but are not shipped with pysweepme. In this case, these packages have to be installed using pip by solving the ImportErrors.
- Some Device Classes only work with Windows and will not work with other systems, e.g. due to dll files or certain third-party packages.
- 126.96.36.199 bugfix: SweepMe! user data folder is not created like in portable mode if pysweepme is used standalone
- 188.8.131.52 first release of pysweepme on pypi after release of SweepMe! 1.5.5
Copyright (c) 2021 - 2022 SweepMe! GmbH (sweep-me.net)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
The WinFolder package has a separate license not covered in this document and which can be found in the header of the WinFolder.py file.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for pysweepme-184.108.40.206-py3-none-any.whl