A simple utility to print the ID3/tag info of various files supported by the mutagen package.
pytagdump is a simple utility to print the ID3/tag info of various files supported by the “mutagen” package.
To install, simply:
pip install pytagdump
- You’ll need to have Python 2.5+ and pip installed.
- You might have to be root (or use sudo) for pip to install the script into a globally executable directory in your $PATH.
- For JSON output support, make sure you have at least Python v2.6 (or install the simplejson package for Python v2.5).
- For YAML output support, make sure you install the PyYAML package.
- Optonally, you can use pip’s setuptools extras syntax to have either (or both) of these packages automatically installed for you. e.g. pip install pytagdump[JSON,YAML]
- pip should automatically install mutagen for you, but the advanced user can find it here: http://code.google.com/p/mutagen/
pytagdump [OPTIONS] file(s)
pytagdump [OPTIONS] ~/Music/*.mp3
pytagdump [OPTIONS] "~/Music/Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.mp3"
-j/--json Dump tag info in the JSON format. -y/--yaml Dump tag info in the YAML format. -i/--info Include additional meta info (bitrate, length, etc) in tag dump. -s/--size Include file size (in bytes) in tag dump. -v/--verbose Print additional informational messages.
Disclaimers and Warnings
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
v0.3.1 – 02/08/2012
- Moved JSON/YAML package references to setuptools extras.
- Added more informative errors to JSON/YAML import failures.
- Fixed issue where additional meta info wasn’t shown if it was the only tag info available.