DevPI server fixture for py.test
DevPi server fixture for py.test. The server is session-scoped by default and run in a subprocess and temp dir to cleanup when it’s done.
After the server has started up it will create a single user with a password, and an index for that user. It then activates that index and provides a handle to the devpi-client API so you can manipulate the server in your tests.
Install using your favourite package manager:
pip install pytest-devpi-server # or.. easy_install pytest-devpi-server
Enable the fixture explicitly in your tests or conftest.py (not required when using setuptools entry points):
pytest_plugins = ['pytest_devpi_server']
Here’s a noddy test case showing the main functionality:
def test_devpi_server(devpi_server): # This is the client API for the server that's bound directly to the 'devpi' command-line tool. # Here we list the available indexes print(devpi_server.api('use', '-l')) # Create and use another index devpi_server.api('index', '-c', 'myindex') devpi_server.api('index', 'use', 'myindex') # Upload a package import os os.chdir('/path/to/my/setup/dot/py') devpi_server.api('upload') # Get some json data import json res = devpi_server.api('getjson', '/user/myindex') assert json.loads(res)['result']['projects'] == ['my-package-name']
Using this with the default devpi_server py.test fixture is good enough for a lot of use-cases however you may wish to have more fine-grained control about the server configuration.
To do this you can use the underlying server class directly - this is an implenentation of the pytest-server-fixture framework and as such acts as a context manager:
import json from pytest_devpi_server import DevpiServer def test_custom_server(): with DevPiServer( # You can specify you own initial user and index user='bob', password='secret', index='myindex', # You can provide a zip file that contains the initial server database, # this is useful to pre-load any required packages for a test run data='/path/to/data.zip' ) as server: assert not server.dead res = server.api('getjson', '/bob/myindex') assert 'pre-loaded-package' in json.loads(res)['result']['projects'] # Server should now be dead assert server.dead
- Fixing python 3 compatibility in Simple HTTP Server fixture
- Fixed broken tests in pytest-profiling
- Pinned pytest<4.0.0 until all deprecation warnings are fixed.
- pytest-webdriver: replaced deprecated phantomjs with headless Google Chrome.
- Add Vagrantfile to project to make test environment portable.
- Add .editorconfig file to project.
- pytest-server-fixtures: add TestServerV2 with Docker and Kubernetes support.
- pytest-server-fixtures: fix for an issue where MinioServer is not cleaned up after use.
- pytest-server-fixtures: fix deprecation warnings when calling pymongo.
- pytest-server-fixtures: close pymongo client on MongoTestServer teardown.
- pytest-server-fixtures: upgrade Mongo, Redis and RethinkDB to TestServerV2.
- coveralls: fix broken coveralls
- Use pymongo list_database_names() instead of the deprecated database_names(), added pymongo>=3.6.0 dependency
- Fixed workspace deletion when teardown is None
- Fixed squash of root logger in pytest-listener
- Added S3 Minio fixture (many thanks to Gavin Bisesi)
- Added Postgres fixture (many thanks to Gavin Bisesi)
- Use requests for server fixtures http gets as it handles redirects and proxies properly
- Fixed regression on cacheing ephemeral hostname, some clients were relying on this. This is now optional.
- Fix for OSX binding to illegal local IP range (Thanks to Gavin Bisesi)
- Setup and Py3k fixes for pytest-profiling (Thanks to xoviat)
- We no longer try and bind port 5000 when reserving a local IP host, as someone could have bound it to 0.0.0.0
- Fix for #46 sourcing gprof2dot when the local venv has not been activated
- Handle custom Pytest test items in pytest-webdriver
- Add username into mongo server fixture tempdir path to stop collisions on shared multiuser filesystems
- Return function results in shutil.run.run_as_main
- More handling for older versions of path.py
- Allow virtualenv argument passing in pytest-virtualenv
1.2.6 (2017-2-16 )
- Updated devpi server server setup for devpi-server >= 2.0
- Improvements for random port picking
- HTTPD server now binds to 0.0.0.0 by default to aid Selenium-style testing
- Updated mongodb server args for mongodb >= 3.2
- Corrections for mongodb fixture config and improve startup logic
- Added module-scoped mongodb fixture
- Handling for older versions of path.py
- Fix for #40 where tests that chdir break pytest-profiling
- Improvements for server runner host and port generation, now supports random local IPs
- Bugfix for RethinkDB fixture config
- Bugfix for pymongo extra dependency
- Windows compatibility fix for pytest-virtualenv (Thanks to Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin for PR)
- Fix symlink handling for pytest-shutil.cmdline.get_real_python_executable
- Improve resiliency of Mongo fixture startup checks
- Python 3 compatibility across most of the modules
- Fixed deprecated Path.py imports (Thanks to Bryan Moscon)
- Fixed deprecated multicall in pytest-profiling (Thanks to Paul van der Linden for PR)
- Added devpi-server fixture to create an index per test function
- Added missing licence file
- Split up httpd server fixture config so child classes can override loaded modules easier
- Added ‘preserve_sys_path’ argument to TestServer base class which exports the current python sys.path to subprocesses.
- Updated httpd, redis and jenkins runtime args and paths to current Ubuntu spec
- Ignore errors when tearing down workspaces to avoid race conditions in ‘shutil.rmtree’ implementation
- Fixed pytest-verbose-parametrize for latest version of py.test
- New plugin: git repository fixture
- pytest-profiling improvement: escape illegal characters in .prof files (Thanks to Aarni Koskela for the PR)
- New plugin: devpi server fixture
- pytest-profiling improvement: overly-long .prof files are saved as the short hash of the test name (Thanks to Vladimir Lagunov for PR)
- Changed default behavior of workspace.run() to not use a subshell for security reasons
- Corrected virtualenv.run() method to handle arguments the same as the parent method workspace.run()
- Removed deprecated ‘–distribute’ from virtualenv args
- Packaging bugfix
- Initial public release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pytest_devpi_server-1.4.0-py2.7.egg (6.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7|
|pytest_devpi_server-1.4.0-py2-none-any.whl (7.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2|
|pytest-devpi-server-1.4.0.tar.gz (10.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|