A Django plugin for py.test.
- Authors: Ben Firshman, Andreas Pelme and contributors
- Licence: BSD
- Compatibility: Django 1.3-1.6, python 2.5-2.7 and 3.2-3.3 or PyPy, pytest >= 2.3.4
- Project URL: https://github.com/pelme/pytest_django
- Documentation: http://pytest-django.rtfd.org/
- pip install pytest-django
- Make sure DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is defined and and run tests with the py.test command.
- (Optionally) If you put your tests under a tests directory (the standard Django application layout), and your files are not named test_FOO.py, see the FAQ
Why would I use this instead of Django’s manage.py test command?
Running the test suite with pytest offers some features that are not present in Djangos standard test mechanism:
- Less boilerplate: no need to import unittest, create a subclass with methods. Just write tests as regular functions.
- Manage test dependencies with fixtures
- Database re-use: no need to re-create the test database for every test run.
- Run tests in multiple processes for increased speed
- There are a lot of other nice plugins available for pytest.
- Easy switching: Existing unittest-style tests will still work without any modifications.
See the pytest documentation for more information on pytest.
Read the contributing page from the documentation.
To run the project’s tests:
To build the project’s docs:
Bugs? Feature suggestions?
Report issues and feature requests at the github issue tracker.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pytest_django-2.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl (15.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7||Jan 10, 2014|
|pytest-django-2.5.tar.gz (13.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jan 10, 2014|