pytest plugin to instrument tests
A pytest plugin to instrument tests and write the resulting records to file
json file with one record for each setup/call/teardown of each test containing:
- session id and record id (UUIDs generated by plugin)
- node_id (pytest’s nodeid)
- when (setup, call or teardown)
- outcome (passed, failed or skipped)
- start, stop and duration
- labels (array) and tags (object) via @pytest.mark.instrument() decorator
hooks to edit labels, tags and fixtures before the record is written to file
- Python 3.6 or higher
- pytest 5.1.0 or higher
Run your tests with:
$ pytest --instrument
An ./artifacts directory will be created if it doesn’t exist yet. For each pytest session one .json file will be written to that directory.
- pytest_instrument_labels: edit list of labels after they’ve been parsed by the plugin
- pytest_instrument_tags: edit dictionary of tags after they’ve been parsed by the plugin
- pytest_instrument_fixtures: edit list of fixtures after they’ve been parsed by the plugin
Consult the changelog for fixes and enhancements of each version.
Please use the GitHub issue tracker to submit bugs or request features.
Distributed under the terms of the MIT license, “pytest-instrument” is free and open source software
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pytest_instrument-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (7.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size pytest-instrument-0.1.0.tar.gz (5.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for pytest_instrument-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl