THIS PROJECT IS ABANDONED
Plugin for pytest to run IPython notebooks as unit tests, relies on runipy to interface with the Notebook.
Define unit tests in IPython notebook cells (see example on nbviewer):
Run py.test to execute them:
See the examples/ folder or a preview on nbviewer.
- Discover files named test*.ipynb
- Run each cell of the notebook as a unit test (just use assert)
- First line of each cell is the test name, either as docstring, comment or function name
- A cell named fixture* or setup* is run before each of the following unit tests as a fixture
- Add SKIPCI to a cell description to skip the test on Travis-CI (checks if the CI environment variable is defined)
- IPython notebook kernel is restarted after each test
- Each notebook is executed in the folder where the .ipynb file is located
- Python 2.7+, Python 3.2+
- IPython Notebook 2.0+
$ pip install pytest-ipynb
- Thomas Kluyver for help on the IPython mailing list
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pytest-ipynb-1.1.1.tar.gz (3.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|