MongoDB process and client fixtures plugin for py.test.
What is this?
This is a pytest plugin, that enables you to test your code that relies on a running MongoDB database. It allows you to specify fixtures for MongoDB process and client.
How to use
Plugin contains two fixtures
- mongodb - it’s a client fixture that has functional scope, and which cleans MongoDB at the end of each test.
- mongo_proc - session scoped fixture, that starts MongoDB instance at the first use and stops at the end of the tests.
Simply include one of these fixtures into your tests fixture list.
You can also create additional MongoDB client and process fixtures if you’d need to:
from pytest_mongo import factories mongo_my_proc = factories.mongo_proc( port=None, logsdir='/tmp') mongo_my = factories.mongodb('mongo_my_proc')
Each MongoDB process fixture can be configured in a different way than the others through the fixture factory arguments.
You can define your settings in three ways, it’s fixture factory argument, command line option and pytest.ini configuration option. You can pick which you prefer, but remember that these settings are handled in the following order:
- Fixture factory argument
- Command line option
- Configuration option in your pytest.ini file
|MongoDB server option||Fixture factory argument||Command line option||pytest.ini option||Default|
|Path to mongodb exec||executable||–mongo-exec||mongo_exec||/usr/bin/mongod|
|Path to store logs||logsdir||–mongo-logsdir||mongo_logsdir||$TMPDIR|
|MongoDB client’s time zone awarness||tz_aware||–mongo-tz-aware||tz_aware||False|
pass it as an argument in your own fixture
mongo_proc = factories.mongo_proc(port=8888)
use --mongo-port command line option when you run your tests
py.test tests --mongo-port=8888
specify your directory as mongo_port in your pytest.ini file.
To do so, put a line like the following under the [pytest] section of your pytest.ini:
[pytest] mongo_port = 8888
- Bug tracker: https://github.com/ClearcodeHQ/pytest-mongo/issues
- [feature] Allow for mongo client to be configured with time zone awarness
- [feature] Drop support for python 2.7. From now on, only support python 3.6 and up
- fix pypi description
- [enhancement] require at least pymongo 3.6
- [enhancement] removed path.py depdendency
- [enhancements] set executor timeout to 60. By default mirakuru waits indefinitely, which might cause test hangs
- [feature] - migrate usage of getfuncargvalue to getfixturevalue. require at least pytest 3.0.0
- [feature] defaults logs dir to $TMPDIR by default
- [feature] run on random port by default (easier xdist integration)
- [feature] add command line and ini option for: executable, host, port, params and logsdir
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pytest_mongo-2.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (11.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pytest_mongo-2.0.0-py3-none-any.whl