Setup scripts can use pytest-runner to add setup.py test support for pytest runner.
- Add ‘pytest-runner’ to your ‘setup_requires’. Pin to ‘>=2.0,<3dev’ (or similar) to avoid pulling in incompatible versions.
- Include ‘pytest’ and any other testing requirements to ‘tests_require’.
- Invoke tests with setup.py pytest.
- Pass –index-url to have test requirements downloaded from an alternate index URL.
- Pass additional py.test command-line options using –addopts.
- Set options in the [pytest] section of setup.cfg.
See the jaraco.util project for an example.
- The preferred invocation is now the ‘pytest’ command.
- Removed support for the alternate usage. The recommended usage (as a distutils command) is now the only supported usage.
- Removed support for the –junitxml parameter to the ptr command. Clients should pass the same parameter (and all other py.test arguments) to py.test via the –addopts parameter.
- Added support for –addopts to pass any arguments through to py.test.
- Deprecated support for –junitxml. Use –addopts instead. –junitxml will be removed in 2.0.