pytest: simple powerful testing with Python
The pytest testing tool makes it easy to write small tests, yet scales to support complex functional testing.
- auto-discovery of test modules and functions,
- detailed info on failing assert statements (no need to remember self.assert* names)
- modular fixtures for managing small or parametrized long-lived test resources.
- multi-paradigm support: you can use pytest to run test suites based on unittest (or trial), nose
- single-source compatibility from Python2.6 all the way up to Python3.4, PyPy-2.3, (jython-2.5 untested)
- many external plugins.
A simple example for a test:
# content of test_module.py def test_function(): i = 4 assert i == 3
which can be run with py.test test_module.py. See getting-started for more examples.
For much more info, including PDF docs, see
and report bugs at:
and checkout or fork repo at:
Copyright Holger Krekel and others, 2004-2014 Licensed under the MIT license.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for pytest-2.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl