pytest: simple powerful testing with Python
The pytest framework makes it easy to write small tests, yet scales to support complex functional testing for applications and libraries.
An example of a simple test:
# content of test_sample.py def func(x): return x + 1 def test_answer(): assert func(3) == 5
To execute it:
$ pytest ======= test session starts ======== collected 1 items test_sample.py F ======= FAILURES ======== _______ test_answer ________ def test_answer(): > assert func(3) == 5 E assert 4 == 5 E + where 4 = func(3) test_sample.py:5: AssertionError ======= 1 failed in 0.12 seconds ========
Due to pytest’s detailed assertion introspection, only plain assert statements are used. See getting-started for more examples.
- Detailed info on failing assert statements (no need to remember self.assert* names);
- Auto-discovery of test modules and functions;
- Modular fixtures for managing small or parametrized long-lived test resources;
- Can run unittest (or trial), nose test suites out of the box;
- Python2.6+, Python3.3+, PyPy-2.3, Jython-2.5 (untested);
- Rich plugin architecture, with over 150+ external plugins and thriving community;
For full documentation, including installation, tutorials and PDF documents, please see http://docs.pytest.org.
Please use the GitHub issue tracker to submit bugs or request features.
Consult the Changelog page for fixes and enhancements of each version.
Copyright Holger Krekel and others, 2004-2016.
Distributed under the terms of the MIT license, pytest is free and open source software.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pytest-3.0.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (169.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pytest-3.0.3.tar.gz (731.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pytest-3.0.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl