Package to calculate several thermal comfort indices (e.g. PMV, PPD, SET, adaptive) and convert physical variables. Please cite us if you use this package: Tartarini, F., Schiavon, S., 2020. pythermalcomfort: A Python package for thermal comfort research. SoftwareX 12, 100578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.softx.2020.100578
Package to calculate several thermal comfort indices (e.g. PMV, PPD, SET, adaptive) and convert physical variables.
Please cite us if you use this package: Tartarini, F., Schiavon, S., 2020. pythermalcomfort: A Python package for thermal comfort research. SoftwareX 12, 100578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.softx.2020.100578
- Free software: MIT license
pip install pythermalcomfort
You can also install the in-development version with:
pip install https://github.com/CenterForTheBuiltEnvironment/pythermalcomfort/archive/master.zip
Examples and Tutorials
Examples files on how to use some of the functions
YouTube tutorials playlist
Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given. Click here to learn more on how to contribute to the project.
I am using travis to test the code. In addition, I have enabled GitHub actions. Every time a commit containing the message bump version is pushed to master then the GitHub action tests the code and if the tests pass, a new version of the package is published automatically on PyPI. See file in .github/workflows/ for more information.
- Added Normal Effective Temperature (NET)
- Added Apparent Temperature (AT)
- Added Wind Chill Index (WCI)
- Gagge’s two-node model
- Added WBGT equation
- Added Heat index (HI)
- Added humidex index
- Added ASHRAE equation to calculate the operative temperature
- Implemented function to calculate the if fans are beneficial during heatwaves
- Fixed error in the SET equation to calculated radiative heat transfer coefficient
- Fixed error in SET definition
- Moved functions optimized with Numba to new file
- Updated equation clo_dynamic based on ANSI/ASHRAE Addendum f to ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 55-2020
- Fixed import errors in examples
- optimized UTCI function with Numba
- (BREAKING CHANGE) moved some of the functions from psychrometrics to utilities
- added equation to calculate body surface area
- return stress category UTCI
- optimized phs with Numba
- added Predicted Heat Strain (PHS) index from ISO 7933:2004
- changed equation to calculate convective heat transfer coefficient in set_tmp() as per Gagge’s 1986
- fixed vasodilation coefficient in set_tmp()
- docs changed term air velocity with air speed and improved documentation
- added new tests for comfort functions
- fixed error calculation solar_altitude and sharp for supine person in solar_gain
- not rounding SET temperature when calculating cooling effect
- added function to calculate sky-vault view fraction
- replaced input solar_azimuth with sharp in the solar_gain() function
- fixed small error in example pmv calculation
- Fixed error calculation of cooling effect with elevated air temperatures
- Changed PMV elevated air speed limit from 0.2 to 0.1 m/s
- Fixed error in the calculation of erf
- Updated validation table erf
- Changed default diameter in t_mrt
- Improved documentation
- Significantly improved calculation speed using numba. Wrapped set and pmv functions
- Minor speed improvement changed math.pow with **
- Added validation PMV validation table from ISO 7730
- Improved speed calculation of the Cooling Effect
- Bisection has been replaced with Brentq function from scipy
- Annotated variables in the SET code.
- Fixed an error in the bisection equation used to calculated Cooling Effect.
- Major stable release.
- Added equation to calculate the dynamic clothing insulation
- Fixed error in calculation adaptive ASHRAE
- Added some examples
- Renamed function to_calc to t_o
- Fixed error calculation of relative air speed
- renamed input parameter ta to tdb
- Added function to calculate mean radiant temperature from black globe temperature
- Added function to calculate solar gain on people
- Added functions to calculate vapour pressure, wet-bulb temperature, dew point temperature, and psychrometric data from dry bulb temperature and RH
- Added authors
- Added dictionaries with reference clo and met values
- Added function to calculate enthalpy
- Added function to calculate the running mean outdoor temperature
- There was an error in version 0.4.2 in the calculation of PMV and PPD with elevated air speed, i.e. vr > 0.2 which has been fixed in this version
- Added function to calculate the cooling effect in accordance with ASHRAE
- Removed compatibility with python 2.7 and 3.5
- Created adaptive_EN, v_relative, t_clo, vertical_tmp_gradient, ankle_draft functions and wrote tests.
- Added possibility to decide with measuring system to use SI or IP.
- Created set_tmp, adaptive_ashrae, UTCI functions and wrote tests.
- Added warning to let the user know if inputs entered do not comply with Standards applicability limits.
- Created pmv, pmv_ppd functions and wrote tests.
- Documented code.
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pythermalcomfort-1.9.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (42.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pythermalcomfort-1.9.0.tar.gz (64.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pythermalcomfort-1.9.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl