Package to calculate several thermal comfort indices (e.g. PMV, PPD, SET, adaptive) and convert physical variables. Please cite us if you use this package: Tartarini, F., Schiavon, S., 2020. pythermalcomfort: A Python package for thermal comfort research. SoftwareX 12, 100578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.softx.2020.100578
Package to calculate several thermal comfort indices (e.g. PMV, PPD, SET, adaptive) and convert physical variables.
Please cite us if you use this package: Tartarini, F., Schiavon, S., 2020. pythermalcomfort: A Python package for thermal comfort research. SoftwareX 12, 100578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.softx.2020.100578
- Free software: MIT license
pip install pythermalcomfort
You can also install the in-development version with:
pip install https://github.com/CenterForTheBuiltEnvironment/pythermalcomfort/archive/master.zip
Examples and Tutorials
Examples files on how to use some of the functions
YouTube tutorials playlist
Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given. Click here to learn more on how to contribute to the project.
- Changed PMV elevated air speed limit from 0.2 to 0.1 m/s
- Fixed error in the calculation of erf
- Updated validation table erf
- Changed default diameter in t_mrt
- Improved documentation
- Significantly improved calculation speed using numba. Wrapped set and pmv functions
- Minor speed improvement changed math.pow with **
- Added validation PMV validation table from ISO 7730
- Improved speed calculation of the Cooling Effect
- Bisection has been replaced with Brentq function from scipy
- Annotated variables in the SET code.
- Fixed an error in the bisection equation used to calculated Cooling Effect.
- Major stable release.
- Added equation to calculate the dynamic clothing insulation
- Fixed error in calculation adaptive ASHRAE
- Added some examples
- Renamed function to_calc to t_o
- Fixed error calculation of relative air velocity
- renamed input parameter ta to tdb
- Added function to calculate mean radiant temperature from black globe temperature
- Added function to calculate solar gain on people
- Added functions to calculate vapour pressure, wet-bulb temperature, dew point temperature, and psychrometric data from dry bulb temperature and RH
- Added authors
- Added dictionaries with reference clo and met values
- Added function to calculate enthalpy
- Added function to calculate the running mean outdoor temperature
- There was an error in version 0.4.2 in the calculation of PMV and PPD with elevated air speed, i.e. vr > 0.2 which has been fixed in this version
- Added function to calculate the cooling effect in accordance with ASHRAE
- Removed compatibility with python 2.7 and 3.5
- Created adaptive_EN, v_relative, t_clo, vertical_tmp_gradient, ankle_draft functions and wrote tests.
- Added possibility to decide with measuring system to use SI or IP.
- Created set_tmp, adaptive_ashrae, UTCI functions and wrote tests.
- Added warning to let the user know if inputs entered do not comply with Standards applicability limits.
- Created pmv, pmv_ppd functions and wrote tests.
- Documented code.
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pythermalcomfort-1.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (27.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pythermalcomfort-1.3.0.tar.gz (42.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pythermalcomfort-1.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl