Python interface to CATMAID servers
Python-Catmaid - or pymaid - is a collection of Python 3 tools to interface with CATMAID servers. Tested with CATMAID release version 2020.02.15 - if you are working with older versions you may run into issues due to API changes.
Pymaid is on ReadTheDocs.
- fetch data via CATMAID's API
- tools to analyse user stats (e.g. time-invested, project history)
- custom neuron classes that work with navis
- clustering methods (e.g. by connectivity or synapse placement)
See the documentation for detailed installation instructions, tutorials and examples. For the impatient:
pip3 install python-catmaid
Important: there is a
pymaid package on PyPI which has nothing to do with
To install the bleeding edge from Github:
pip3 install git+git://github.com/schlegelp/pymaid@master
Alternatively click on the launch binder badge above to try out pymaid hosted by mybinder!
This code is under GNU GPL V3
Pymaid implements/provides an interfaces with algorithms described in:
- Comparison of neurons based on morphology: Neuron. 2016 doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2016.06.012 NBLAST: Rapid, Sensitive Comparison of Neuronal Structure and Construction of Neuron Family Databases. Costa M, Manton JD, Ostrovsky AD, Prohaska S, Jefferis GSXE. link
- Comparison of neurons based on connectivity: Science. 2012 Jul 27;337(6093):437-44. doi: 10.1126/science.1221762. The connectome of a decision-making neural network. Jarrell TA, Wang Y, Bloniarz AE, Brittin CA, Xu M, Thomson JN, Albertson DG, Hall DH, Emmons SW. link
- Comparison of neurons based on synapse distribution: eLife. doi: 10.7554/eLife.16799 Synaptic transmission parallels neuromodulation in a central food-intake circuit. Schlegel P, Texada MJ, Miroschnikow A, Schoofs A, Hueckesfeld S, Peters M, ... Pankratz MJ. link
- Synapse flow centrality and segregation index: eLife. doi: 10.7554/eLife.12059 Quantitative neuroanatomy for connectomics in Drosophila. Schneider-Mizell CM, Gerhard S, Longair M, Kazimiers T, Li, Feng L, Zwart M ... Cardona A. link
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size python_catmaid-2.0.3-py3-none-any.whl (169.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size python-catmaid-2.0.3.tar.gz (150.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for python_catmaid-2.0.3-py3-none-any.whl