A wrapper for the launchlibrary.net API
A simple python wrapper for the Launch Library web API. Can also be used asynchronously too.
Agency, AgencyType, Launch, Launch Status, Pad, Location, Rocket, RocketFamily
The usage of the API is simple.
Proper documentation is available in Read The Docs.
To install, simply use pip:
pip install python-launch-library
# Import the launchlibrary lib import launchlibrary as ll # Create an instance of the API api = ll.Api() # You can also specify api url, api version... # And request the next 5 launches, for example. launches = ll.Launch.fetch(api, next=5) # Any argument after "api" is not constrained (w/ kwargs). # ^ Returns a list of launch objects. # You can fetch the pythonic property names by using launch.param_names properties = launches.param_names # It's now possible to also use the regular API names as well as pythonic names. vid_urls = launches.vid_urls vid_urls_2 = launches.vidURLs
1.0.1, the library is versioned according to Semver.
1.0.1 - Improved caching.
1.0 - Changed all fetch calls to be through the Api object. This is a breaking change.
# Porting guide import launchlibrary as ll api = ll.Api() # Before next_launch = ll.Launch.next(api, 1) # After next_launch = api.next_launches(1)
- [x] Tidy up the repository
- [x] Add exceptions to handle server timeout
- [x] Handle nested models (i.e. a Pad model inside a Location model inside a Launch model)
- [x] Handle times with the datetime class
- [x] Package properly and upload to PyPI
- [x] Add more abstraction methods for the api calls (open to suggestions)
- [x] Add magic method comparisons (open to suggestions)
- [x] Asynchronous operation
- [x] Add aliases for actual API names with getattr
- [ ] Add tests
- [ ] Your suggestion here
Feel free to open issues and pull requests! I usually check Github daily.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size python-launch-library-1.0.1.tar.gz (10.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for python-launch-library-1.0.1.tar.gz