RDO Manager OSC plugin lib
OpenStackClient reference plugin module
The OSC plugin system is designed so that the plugin need only be properly installed for OSC to find and use it. It utilizes the setuptools entry points mechanism to advertise to OSC the plugin module and supported commands.
rdomanager-oscplugin is an OpenStackClient (OSC) plugin implementation that implements commands useful for RDO manager and the install and management of both an undercloud and an overcloud.
OSC discovers extensions by enumerating the entry points found under openstack.cli.extension and initializing the given client module.
[entry_points] openstack.cli.extension = oscplugin = oscplugin.plugin
The client module must implement the following interface functions:
- API_NAME - A string containing the plugin API name; this is the name of the entry point declaring the plugin client module (oscplugin = ... in the example above) and the group name for the plugin commands (openstack.oscplugin.v1 = in the example below)
- API_VERSION_OPTION (optional) - If set, the name of the API version attribute; this must be a valid Python identifier and match the destination set in build_option_parser().
- API_VERSIONS - A dict mapping a version string to the client class
- build_option_parser(parser) - Hook to add global options to the parser
- make_client(instance) - Hook to create the client object
OSC enumerates the loaded plugins and loads commands from the entry points defined for the API version:
openstack.oscplugin.v1 = plugin_list = oscplugin.v1.plugin:ListPlugin plugin_show = oscplugin.v1.plugin:ShowPlugin
Note that OSC defines the group name as openstack.<api-name>.v<version> so the version should not contain the leading ‘v’ character.
This second step is identical to that performed for all but the Identity client in OSC itself. Identity is special due to the authentication requirements. This limits the ability to add additional auth modules to OSC.
The current implementation of the rdomanager_oscplugin Client class is an empty placeholder. This client object is not equired but OSC’s ClientManager will maintain it as required and is the interface point for other plugins to access anything implemented by this plugin.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|python_rdomanager_oscplugin-0.0.10-py2.py3-none-any.whl (78.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Sep 3, 2015|
|python-rdomanager-oscplugin-0.0.10.tar.gz (66.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 3, 2015|