Weewar (http://weewar.com) is an “Award winning turn based multiplayer strategy
game”. Apart from being highly addictive, it provides 2 APIs:
- one read-only API for players and
- a bot API called ELIZA
Further documentation on both is available at http://weewar.wikispaces.com/api.
This module aims enables you to conveniently call each of these API functions
from within your python script.
Available API calls
The following functions are supplied:
- game(id) returns the status of a game and gives information about the
- open_games() returns all currently available open games as a list of IDs.
- all_users() returns a list of all users who have been online in the last
7 days, including their current ranking.
- user(username) Returns detailed information about a single user,
including everything that is visible on the profile page and the games the
user is participating in.
- latest_maps() returns the latest published maps including urls for
previews, images, and other details.
- headquarter(username, apikey) returns all games that are listed in your
Headquarters. Includes information about the id, the url, the state, and the
name of the game. An attribute is added if the game is in need of attention,
e.g: its the users turn or the game is not yet started or the user is invited
to this game (requires authentication).
- game_state(username, apikey, id) offers more information about the state
of a game (requires authentication).
- map_layout(id) returns complete map layout.
Each game can also be controlled via these commands (which are part of the
- finish_turn(username, apikey, id) finishes turn in game.
- accept_invitation(username, apikey, id) accepts invitation to a game.
- decline_invitation(username, apikey, id) declines invitation to a game.
- send_reminder(username, apikey, id) sends a reminder about the game.
- surrender_game(username, apikey, id) surrenders!
- abandon_game(username, apikey, id) abondons a game.
- remove_game(username, apikey, id) removes a game.
- chat(username, apikey, game_id, msg) sends a chat message to the game
- build_unit(username, apikey, game_id, (x, y), unit) sends a chat message
to the game board.
- unit_move_options(username, apikey, game_id, unit, (x, y)) requests unit
movement options. This is pretty much like what you get when you select a
unit in a regular game.
- unit_attack_options(username, apikey, game_id, unit, (x, y), moved=None)
requests possible targets. The ‘moved’ attribute is optional and describes
the number of turns a unit has already moved. This is helpful for Jets and
- move_unit(username, apikey, game_id, unit, from, to) moves a unit.
- attack_with(username, apikey, game_id, unit, from, target) attacks target
with unit at specified location.
- capture_base(username, apikey, game_id, unit, at) captures a base with
unit. You have to move there first!
- repair_unit(username, apikey, game_id, unit, at) repairs a unit.
Some of the provided functions require a username and a password. Use your
Weewar account username and the API token accessible via
The code for this module is released under the GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC
LICENSE Version 3.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.