Python interface to ESP8266MOD WiFi smart devices from Shenzhen Xenon
NOTE I’m no longer using these devices so this is not actively maintained. https://github.com/codetheweb/tuyapi node.js based is active and being updated on a regular basis.
Python 2.7 and Python 3.6.1 interface to ESP8266MOD WiFi smart devices from Shenzhen Xenon.
If you are using the Jinvoo Smart App, this allows local control over the LAN.
NOTE requires the devices to have already been activated by Jinvoo Smart App (or similar).
## Key extraction
https://github.com/clach04/python-tuya/wiki has background information for how to get device id and local key.
(the device id can be seen in Jinvoo Smart App, under “Device Info”).
Known to work with:
- SKYROKU SM-PW701U Wi-Fi Plug Smart Plug - see https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Xenon_SM-PW701U
- Wuudi SM-S0301-US - WIFI Smart Power Socket Multi Plug with 4 AC Outlets and 4 USB Charging
d = pytuya.OutletDevice(‘DEVICE_ID_HERE’, ‘IP_ADDRESS_HERE’, ‘LOCAL_KEY_HERE’)
data = d.status() # NOTE this does NOT require a valid key
print(‘Dictionary %r’ % data)
print(‘state (bool, true is ON) %r’ % data[‘dps’][‘1’]) # Show status of first controlled switch on device
# Toggle switch state
switch_state = data[‘dps’][‘1’]
data = d.set_status(not switch_state) # This requires a valid key
if data:print(‘set_status() result %r’ % data)
# on a switch that has 4 controllable ports, turn the fourth OFF (1 is the first)
data = d.set_status(False, 4)
print(‘set_status() result %r’ % data)
print(‘set_status() extrat %r’ % data[20:-8])
TODO demo timer (with comment not all devices support this, one way to check, is to check Jinvoo Smart App and see if there is a clock icon that is not dimmed out).
### Encryption notes
These devices uses AES encryption, this is not available in Python standard library, there are three options:
- pyaes (note Python 2.x support requires https://github.com/ricmoo/pyaes/pull/13)
### Related Projects
- Major breakthroughs on protocol work came from https://github.com/codetheweb/tuyapi from the reverse engineering time and skills of codetheweb and blackrozes, additional protocol reverse engineering from jepsonrob and clach04.
- nijave pycryptodome support and testing
- Exilit for unittests and docstrings
- mike-gracia for improved Python version support
- samuscherer for RGB Bulb support
- magneticflux- for improved Python version support
- sean6541 - for initial PyPi package and Home Assistant support <https://github.com/sean6541/tuya-homeassistant>
- ziirish - for resolving a dependcy problem related to version numbers at install time
Keywords: home automation Platform: any Classifier: Development Status :: 4 - Beta Classifier: Intended Audience :: Developers Classifier: Topic :: Home Automation Classifier: License :: OSI Approved :: MIT License Classifier: Programming Language :: Python Classifier: Programming Language :: Python :: 2 Classifier: Programming Language :: Python :: 3 Classifier: Programming Language :: Python :: 3.6 Classifier: Topic :: Home Automation
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pytuya-7.0.6.zip (11.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|