Pure Python Library for Ubertooth
- Python libraries for Ubertooth
- The goal of PyUbertooth is to provide libraries and tools to interact with an ubertooth device in python.
- All modules and libraries provided by PyUbertooth provide pure python implementations.
- Cpython implementations will be provided in the future, but will always have pure python alternatives.
Core PyUbertooth Libraries:
- pyubertooth/ubertooth.py: Provides direct access to an ubertooth device.
- pyubertooth/bluetooth_packet.py: Provides methods and data structures for converting ubertooth data into bluetooth baseband data.
Core PyUbertooth Tools:
- pyubertooth_rx: This file provides some CLI functionality to control the ubertooth.
- ubertooth_dump: A simple script to dump data from an ubertooth device to a file. This dump data is compatible with the ubertooth C libraries and tools (i.e. used with the -i flag with the ubertooth-rx tool).
- Finish up porting over all USB get/set/mode command functions (WIP)
- The library is still lacking verbose doc strings. These will be added soon and all of my shitty useless comments will get cleaned up
- Rewrite my pure python libbtbb lib (WIP)
- Create Ctypes libbtbb bindings (WIP)
- Rewrite my ubertooth scapy rx layer
- Create an ubertooth scapy tx layer
Core CLI Script: pyubertooth_rx
- A pure python interface to an ubertooth device.
- TODO: Switch to *args, **kwargs for my argparse methods
- TODO: Many of the simple ubertooth usb contols will be added soon (such as led control, etc)
- TODO: Full python library documentation.
Sample command line usage:
For usage help:
To log ubertooth data to a file (usable with ubertooth-rx -i filename):
To log ubertooth data directly to a file from bluetooth channel 60:
pyubertooth_rx --outfile=dump_filename.dump --channel 60
To log 30 seconds worth of ubertooth data directly to a file :
pyubertooth_rx --outfile=dump_filename.dump -t 30
To log 300 ubertooth usb data packets directly to a file :
pyubertooth_rx --outfile=dump_filename.dump -n 300
To read raw ubertooth usb data from a dump file to std out:
To display bluetooth packet information from a dump file (LAP, UAP, channel, etc):
pyubertooth_rx --infile=dump_filename.dump --btbb
To display bluetooth packet information from a live stream (LAP, UAP, channel, etc):
Sample python library usage:
To open a connection to an ubertooth device:
from pyubertooth.ubertooth import Ubertooth ut = Ubertooth()
To access 5 data blocks from an ubertooth device as a python iterator:
from pyubertooth.ubertooth import Ubertooth ut = Ubertooth() for data in ut.rx_stream(count=5): print data ut.close()
To access data blocks from an ubertooth device as a python iterator for 30 seconds:
from pyubertooth.ubertooth import Ubertooth ut = Ubertooth() for data in ut.rx_stream(secs=30): print data ut.close()
To access data from an ubertooth device until ctrl-C is pressed:
from pyubertooth.ubertooth import Ubertooth ut = Ubertooth() try: for data in ut.rx_stream(): print data except KeyboardInterrupt: pass ut.close()
An example of directly streaming ubertooth data to a file for 60 seconds:
from pyubertooth.ubertooth import Ubertooth ut = Ubertooth() f = open("dump_filename.dump", 'wb') for data in ut.rx_stream(secs=60): f.write(data) f.close() ut.close()
Changing the channel on an ubertooth device:
from pyubertooth.ubertooth import Ubertooth ut = Ubertooth() ut.set_channel(66)
Core Library: pylibbtbb/bluetooth_packet.py
- This is a pure python implementation of bluetooth_packet from libbtbb. It serves as library for python applications. It is currently in its early stages and based off of the c library libbtbb and some of my ugly POC code
- LAP & channel detection is working (still needs some cleanup).
- UAP and packet type detection still needs ported from my alpha POC code.
- TODO: utilized the pure python module BitVector.
- TODO: be as cool as the C libbtbb
Sample python library usage:
To display bluetooth packet data for an ubertooth device stream:
from pyubertooth.ubertooth import Ubertooth() from pyubertooth.bluetooth_packet import BtbbPacket ut = Ubertooth() for data in ut.rx_stream(): print BtbbPacket(data=data) ut.close()
Core Tools: tools/ubertooth_dump.py
- A simple stand alown pure python script to dump data from an ubertooth into a file. The dump format is compatible with the ubertooth-rx tool. This allows for data to be collected in python and parsed with the core ubertooth libraries.
To dump data from an ubertooth to a file:
python ubertooth_dump.py dump_filename.dump
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyubertooth-0.2.tar.gz (16.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pyubertooth-0.2-py2-none-any.whl (17.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pyubertooth-0.2-py2-none-any.whl