Python library for GUI automation and testing
pywinauto is a set of python modules to automate the Microsoft Windows GUI. At it’s simplest it allows you to send mouse and keyboard actions to windows dialogs and controls.
0.3.4 Fixed issue with latest ctypes, speed gains, other changes
- The latest version of ctypes (0.9.9.6) removed the code generator I was using some generated code in win32functions.py (stdcall). I was not using those functions so I just commented them out.
- Started the process of renaming methods of the Application and WindowSpecification classes. I will be converting names to UppercaseNames_(). The trailing _ is to disambiguate the method names from potential Window titles.
- Updated how print_control_identifiers works so that it now always prints the disambiguated control name. (even for single controls)
- Added __hash__ to HwndWrapper so that controls could be dictionary keys.
- Caching various information at various points. For example I cache how well two pieces of text match. For short scripts this has little impact - but for larger script it could well have a major impact. Also caching information for controls that cannot change e.g. TopLeveParent, Parent, etc.
You can join the mailing list or view the list archives at: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=157379