Python library for GUI automation and testing
pywinauto is a set of python modules to automate the Microsoft Windows GUI. At it’s simplest it allows you to send mouse and keyboard actions to windows dialogs and controls.
0.3.7 Merge of Wait changes and various bug fixes/improvements
- Added Timings.WaitUntil() and Timings.WaitUntilPasses() which handle the various wait until something in the code. Also refactored existing waits to use these two methods.
- Fixed a major Handle leak in RemoteMemorBlock class (which is used extensively for ‘Common’ controls. I was using OpenHandle to open the process handle, but was not calling CloseHandle() for each corresponding OpenHandle().
- Added an active_() method to Application class to return the active window of the application.
- Added an ‘active’ option to WindowSpecification.Wait() and WaitNot().
- Some cleanup of the clipboard module. GetFormatName() was improved and GetData() made a little more robust.
- Added an option to findwindows.find_windows() to find only active windows (e.g. active_only = True). Default is False.
- Fixed a bug in the timings.Timings class - timing values are Now accessed through the class (Timings) and not through the intance (self).
- Updated ElementTree import in XMLHelpers so that it would work on Python 2.5 (where elementtree is a standard module) as well as other versions where ElementTree is a separate module.
- Enhanced Item selection for ListViews, TreeViews - it is now possible to pass strings and they will be searched for. More documentation is required though.
- Greatly enhanced Toolbar button clicking, selection, etc. Though more documentation is required.
- Added option to ClickInput() to allow mouse wheel movements to be made.
- menuwrapper.Menu.GetProperties() now returns a dict like all other GetProperties() methods. This dict for now only has one key ‘MenuItems’ which contains the list of menuitems (which had been the previous return value).
You can join the mailing list or view the list archives at: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=157379