PyXDG contains implementations of freedesktop.org standards in python.
The XDG Package contains:
- Implementation of the XDG-Base-Directory Standard http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/
- Implementation of the XDG-Desktop Standard http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/
- Implementation of the XDG-Menu Standard http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/
- Implementation of the XDG-Icon-Theme Standard http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/
- Implementation of the XDG-Shared MIME-info Database http://standards.freedesktop.org/shared-mime-info-spec/
- Implementation of the XDG-Recent File Storage Specification http://standards.freedesktop.org/recent-file-spec/
To run the tests, run nosetests in the top level directory.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.