PyXMLi helps Python developers generate invoices in XMLi 2.0 (http://www.xmli.org), the open-source invoice format designed by Greendizer (http://greendizer.com).
Why another format?
Simply because none of the available formats was good enough for what its creators needed it for.
- Human-readable, Web-friendly format;
- Carry data structures, not business logic;
- Stand-alone, with every detail possible from creation to archiving;
- Privilege existing standards whenever possible.
PyXMLi comes with a great deal of features to make it really easier for Python developers to:
- Generate XMLi 2.0 invoices in their favorite language;
- Strongly validate pretty much every field locally before sending their invoices;
- Sign their invoices using the XMLDsig standard and a simple RSA key.
- Python 2.5+
- lxml 2.3+
- PyCrypto 2.6+
(Built-in setup will install all the dependencies automatically).
PyXMLi is compatible with Google App Engine and their Python 2.7 runtime.
Edit app.yaml to add pyCrypto and lxml to the list of third-party modules you'd like to use.
- name: pycrypto
- name: lxml
sudo pip install --upgrade pyxmli
sudo easy_install --upgrade pyxmli
Using source code:
sudo python setup.py install
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.