QIF file editing tool
- /kĭf kĭf/
- adj. inv. arabic slang (كيف) for “it’s all the same”.
- n. CLI tool for categorizing qif files. It can make all the difference.
CLI tool to enrich your QIF files transactions with category information, hence cutting down import time from minutes to mere seconds.
QIF is a format widely used by personal money management software such as GnuCash to import information. Yet, the import process is particularly tedious as it require to manually pair the transactions contained in the file with categories (or “accounts” for double-entry bookkeeping systems).
qifqif augment your qif files by adding a category line for each transaction, that additional information can then be used by accounting software to perform automatic QIF imports. It picks categories by searching for predefined keywords in transactions descriptions lines and by repeating choices you previously made regarding similar transactions.
- Blazing fast edits: thanks to well-thought-out defaults and <TAB> completion
- Auditing mode: review your transactions one by one
- Quiet mode (no interactive): for easy integration with scripts
- Easy-going workflow: dreading the behemoth task of importing years of accounting from a single file? Don’t be. Go at your own pace and press <Ctrl+C> to exit anytime. On next run, editing will resume right where you left it.
usage: qifqif.py [-h] [-a] [-c CONFIG] [-o DEST] [-b] QIF_FILE optional arguments: -a, --audit-mode pause after each transaction -b, --batch-mode skip transactions that require user input -c CONFIG, --config CONFIG configuration filename in json format. DEFAULT: ~/.qifqif.json -d, --dry-run dry-run mode: just print instead of write file -o DEST, --output DEST output filename. DEFAULT: edit input file in-place
More infos on the wiki page
pip install qifqif
Please submit bugs and features requests on the Issue tracker.
- fix stdout in bash mode: only new qif content is printed
- improve qif files parsing by skipping useless lines
- add exit keyboard shortcuts : Ctrl + C to save changes and exit, Ctrl + D to discard changes and exit
- set No as default choice to Remove existing tag prompt
- add option dry-run to visualize changes before applying them
- ignore transactions with no payee line
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size qifqif-0.3.0.tar.gz (8.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|