Blackbird is a quantum assembly language for continuous-variable quantum computation by Xanadu Inc.
Blackbird is a quantum assembly language for continuous-variable quantum computation, that can be used to program Xanadu’s quantum photonics hardware and Strawberry Fields simulator.
The Blackbird repository contains three separate packages:
- src: The Blackbird grammar specification in enhanced Brackus-Naur form
- blackbird_python: to develop Blackbird parsers for integration with Python programs
- blackbird_cpp: libraries and header files needed to develop Blackbird parsers for integration with C++ programs
All of these packages are independent, and can be installed separately without depending on one-another. However, if the grammar is ever modified, there is a command for updating the autogenerated parts of the Python and C++ parsers.
In addition, this repository contains:
- example: Example Blackbird scripts
- apps: Example Python/C++ applications using the above parsers
Blackbird is a development library, designed to easily integrate Blackbird code into applications and interfaces.
How to cite
If you are doing research using Blackbird, please cite
Nathan Killoran, Josh Izaac, Nicolás Quesada, Ville Bergholm, Matthew Amy, and Christian Weedbrook. Strawberry Fields: A Software Platform for Photonic Quantum Computing 2018. arXiv:1804.03159
- Source Code: https://github.com/XanaduAI/Blackbird
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/XanaduAI/Blackbird/issues
If you are having issues, please let us know by posting the issue on our Github issue tracker.
Blackbird is free and open source, released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size quantum_blackbird-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl (42.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size quantum-blackbird-0.2.1.tar.gz (120.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for quantum_blackbird-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl